Our Commitment to your privacy
Information We Collect and for What Purpose
We collect a variety of ‘Personally Identifiable Information’ (PII) about our users so that we can provide our Website. We do our best to be as transparent as possible about our data practices and when possible, to provide you choices about how your data is used. The types of information we collect can include:
- Registration and profile information collected when you register for a program, make a purchase or participate in an event. When registering or placing an order on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, phone number, minor child’s name and grade, the club you belong to, or other details that are required to complete the transaction, registration or request. By providing us with a child’s PII, you represent that you are such minor child’s parent, guardian or otherwise have the authority to share this PII with us and further consent to your organization directly sharing such information with us.
- Information we collect from social networks. We may receive information about you when you interact with our sites through various social media, for example, by liking us on Facebook or following us on Twitter. The data we receive is dependent upon your privacy settings with the social network. You should always review, and if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and services before linking or connecting them to our Website.
We may use PII that you submit to us to provide you with access to services or events, to provide you with products, services or information that you request, or to otherwise respond to your inquiry. We use your information in ways consistent with this Policy and in the following ways:
- To process your transactions
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other services
- To fulfill, deliver and communicate with you regarding requests for information and orders or registrations for products or services
- To provide customer service and to improve and customize our products and services
- Other ways to be disclosed at the time of collection
How We Share Information
We may share your information (including PII) in ways consistent with this Policy and in the following ways:
- With other associations, groups or organizations who are affiliated with us and will use your PII in the same way as we can under this policy;
- With third party vendors and service providers that perform services on our behalf, as needed to carry out their work for us, including payment processing, content or service fulfillment;
- Business partners who offer a service to you jointly with us;
- Other parties in connection with a merger or similar transaction; and
- Third parties as required by law or subpoena or to if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to (a) comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement; (b) to protect the security or integrity of our Website; and/or (c) to exercise or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Bruins, our members, or others.
Accessing and Controlling Your Information
You have the right to access or change any information you have provided to us. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via email:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
Data Security and Retention of Data
Anonymous Information Collected Automatically
This Website may track the total number of visitors, the number of visitors to each page of the site, browser type and other usage statistics collected and used in aggregate form. We may use such aggregate information to analyze trends and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
When you visit our site, we may place a cookie on your computer that will allow us to track your visit to our site and help us to improve the site. The cookies will not provide us with any Personally Identifiable Information about you. You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the appropriate setting in your browser’s software. If you turn cookies off, some features will be disabled. It won’t affect the user’s experience that make your site experience more efficient and may not function properly. However, you will still be able to place orders.
Email Communications and Opt-Out Preferences
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and you will be promptly removed from all correspondence.
We do not knowingly collect Personally Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13 without express parental consent; however if your child is registered with a club / organization, such group may provide such information to us. By providing such information to an organization you expressly consent to the organization providing such information to us.
Links to Other Websites
Last modified: July 20, 2019